Thursday, September 1, 2011

Our children will teach us

Last week Adeline taught me to quit being a baby. We were outside playing in our backyard. She saw our neighbor walk by and started begging to go say hi. I kind of shrugged it off until she asked again. WE moved to the front and waited for her to pass. She came and told us she had lost her cat and stayed for a short visit. I felt bad for her, but enjoyed her visit.

I have been feeling down lately, I think I'm getting a little homesick. I start feeling like I have no friends, nothing to do and nobody wants anything to do with me. I hate feeling bad about myself. The girls help, but some adult conversation would be nice once in a while. Anyway due to Adeline's outgoingness it made me realize, maybe I need to go find me a friend instead of waiting for them to come to me. My goal is going to be to be more outgoing and find someone to visit or go to the park with. I'm glad that Adeline can be my example. I hope I can be an example for her.

She has really been trying my patience since I have gone back to work. She does not listen to me at all and it has been really tough. I feel like an awful parent and always yelling at her. If we are in public she is fine, but at home heavens sake I'd like to auction her off some days. I guess she will teach me some patience along the way as well.

Paisley is growing like a weed, she weighted 14lbs at her 4 month appointment. She can roll from back to belly, and belly to back. She is trying to master sitting up and standing. All the girl wants to do is stand up I wish she would be a better sleeper. She was up 4 times last night, and Adeline was up twice. Maybe one day I will get to sleep again.

Anyway, just thought I'd share Adeline's experience. It has been making me think a lot lately.

4 comments:

  1. Mistie,
    you can email me anytime and we can exchange numbers even though we are miles apart. I would love to hear from you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may not be close, but I'm always here if you need to talk! It is amazing how such small kids can be such great examples!! We miss you guys tonz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are adorable! I've felt like that a few different times-- no fun! We should get together sometime! It'd be fun to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi-- I read the comment you left on my adoption post. If you are at all thinking about adoption, you can email me at christi405@yahoo.com and I'll give you a bit more info on how to see the children. Many sites are password protected and you can only get in after requesting a password (you have to state you are interested in adoption) but if you are not ready to do that, but still want to look, I can let you use my password. (:

    Christianne

    ReplyDelete