Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Adeline

I can't believe Adeline is a year old already. She has grown up so fast. She was so tiny for so long, now she is such a grown up girl wanting to do everything on her own. She has started trying to feed herself with a utensils. If she could scoop up the next bite, we would be flying solo. Adeline hasn't changed too much in what she can do physically, but she is running now. She loves to be scared, and she takes off as fast as she can. She now as 4 teeth. She has added a few more animals to her sounds she can make as well. She also knows where her belly is. When we took her for her year check up she was still 22 lbs, but was 30.3 inches long. Her head hadn't grown anymore either. I'm not sure what I would do with out her. I hate leaving her everyday to go to work. I feel like I'm missing out on her growing up. Maybe one day I can stay home with her and enjoy her even more. For Adeline's birthday we had a few friends over for birthday dinner and cake. She was so excited to have people over she could barely stand it.
Ducks, horses and dogs are her favorite animals so we went for a duck cake, made by yours truly.

She didn't get her candle out by herself, but she did a great job at eating her cake. She kept sharing it with everyone. I'm looking forward to all over our many more adventures we will have with our little fire ball.






4 comments:

  1. Love the cake. It is crazy she is one! Happy birthday, Adeline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! The cake turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so cute, the first birthday is always hard, what am I saying the second one was bad for me also and now I get to go through it with another one. hey email me if you get a chance, still the same as highschool shortcup@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I haven't looked at pictures of her in a while. She is soooo big! And she has so much hair! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete